Yorkshire Terrier General Information
- Name: Yorkshire Terrier
- Height: 6-9 inches
- Weight: 3-7 pounds
- Color: Dark steel blue from back of head to root of their tail. Face, chest and feet are bright tan.
- Coat: Glossy, fine and silky.
- Personality: Yorkshire Terriers are intelligent, confident, affectionate, lively, brave and spirited.
- With Children: Yes, does best with an only child and no roughhousing or hectic activity.
- With Animals: Yes, they should be even tempered and co-exist peacefully with other breeds.
- Special Skills: Rat catcher and family pet.
- Watch-dog: Very High.
- Guard-dog: Low.
- Care and Training: Frequently daily brushing will keep the coat in beautiful condition. Yorkshire Terriers do best when some type of exercise is given, though it need not be special. A romp through an apartment or house will suffice.
- Learning Rate: High, easily trained but be careful not to spoil.
- Health Issues: Liver Shunt, Collapsing Treacheal, Patella Luxation.
- Life Span: 12 – 15 years
- Litter Size: 2 – 3